Following the great success of the Gloucestershire mobile testing unit in Oxstalls, Gloucestershire County Council have announced that permanent testing facility will begin to operate from June 5th.
The Council and the Gloucestershire Health and Social Care Trust have been working really hard over the last couple of weeks to ensure that Gloucestershire has a permanent site. The permanent site is located at Hempsted Meadow, Gloucester, but you can still get tested at Oxstalls.
If you or any of your household have symptoms of COVID-19 please order a test at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/…
Directions to Gloucester Head at Hempsted Meadows, Gloucester
Hempsted Meadows does not yet have its own postcode, the nearest available code is GL2 5LE.
From North, East and South
Junction 12 of the M5 has been converted to allow entry and exit in both directions & we suggest that this junction is used for all traffic approaching on the M5. Traffic coming from the East should also join the M5 and head to junction 12.
1. Leave M5 at Junction 12 and follow signs to Gloucester.
2. After a short stretch of dual carriageway follow signs to A38 / Gloucester at a roundabout with a McDonalds.& Spar petrol station.
3. After another short stretch of dual carriageway carry straight on at the roundabout. 4. After approximately 1.5 miles you will arrive at a major junction controlled by a double set of traffic lights. Carry straight through both sets of lights following signs for A40 Ross / Hempsted.
5. The road crosses the canal and at the 1st traffic lights after the bridge turn right into David Hook Way leading to Hempsted Meadows.
From the West
1. At the roundabout (west of Gloucester) where the A40 and A417 converge, follow signs to City Centre.
2. At the 1st traffic lights turn right, signposted Bristol / Stroud / Quedgely.
3. Follow signs for Bristol / Stroud / Quedgely for about 2 miles.
4. The road narrows to a single carriageway and you will see the regatta site on your left. If you cross the canal you have gone too far.
5. At the next lights turn left into David Hook Way leading to Hempsted Meadows.
Please also see map attached to this article.